We are Stewards of God’s Good Gifts. Stewardship is a Spirituality for Life in order to embrace a radical vision of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus, the ultimate steward.
As a Spirituality, a Way of Life, Stewardship calls each person to be a mature Disciple of Jesus by:
· Receiving the gifts of God with gratitude,
· Cultivating them responsibly,
· Sharing them generously in justice with others,
· Returning the gifts with increase to God.
Stewardship challenges everyone to act differently in how to use our gifts of time, talent and treasure so as to benefit others and to serve the Kingdom. This vision speaks into every aspect of life, inviting everyone to be thankful, generous and accountable for what each has been given.
We are a Stewardship Parish. We have four Stewardship Areas. These are:
· Tapuae-o-Eueneku: Seddon & Ward and the Mountain Country
· Sacred Heart: Kaikoura and District
· Sounds: Picton & Havelock & the Sounds Areas
· Wairau: Blenheim & Renwick and the Wairau Plains
Through good Stewardship we support the spiritual and social life of our people, and seek to extend this life of faith and service into our local districts. We invite all members to engage as Disciples of Jesus into the world around us.
We seek to multiply God’s gifts for the Kingdom through every aspect of our lives as a People and as a Parish.